On our trip this window leaked while driving through tropical storm Debby. I was able to stop the leak by taping the seam with aluminum tape. Glad I used aluminum tape instead of duct tape. The aluminum tape peeled off easily and left no residue.
The leak in this window indicated the bedding tape has failed. It’s the tape that keeps the water out.
Replacing the tape means replacing the window. I was able to get a ‘double strength’ window cut for $12. Here is the best way to remove the window.
The reason that this is the best way to replace the tape is because by the time you get the window pryed off, it will be broken anyway. Might as well control it. I did find that 3/4 of the bottom of the window was not held by the tape anymore. That was the leak.
I cleaned up the old bedding tape with my rotary tool and installed new tape.
I seated the newly cut window in the frame and reattached the rubber trim. This should stop the leak. I took a look at the rest of the windows. It seems I’ve now replaced five of the eight windows. It’s probably a good idea just to do all of them during your restoration.